|Andaman and Nicobar Island|
|Thursday, 18 August 2011 16:15|
1. Reservation in Government Job: In Gr. ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts under the Government reservation are provided in direct recruitment for physically handicapped persons as indicated below:
2. Scholarship/Stipend: The state Government awards scholarship to disabled persons from Class I to Class VIII. For details pl. contact Director, Social Welfare Department.
3.Assistance for self employment: Financial assistance is given for self employment to the disabled persons. For details pl. refer the list. (Appendix–A)
4.Assistance for purchase of aids and appliances: Assistance provided to the bonafide handicapped persons in order to improve their mobility. For details please contact Director, Social Welfare Department.
5.Other Concessions: Financial assistance for medical treatment in mainland is available.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 January 2012 10:31|
- Minister felicitates Youths with Disabilities who represented India in Global IT Challenge
- National Workshop on Training on Autism Certification tools
- Padma Shri ahead of blind cricket World T20 will boost India, says Shekhar Naik
- Students pool pocket money to buy wheel chair
- Free distribution of Assistive Devices Under ADIP Scheme