|Thursday, 18 August 2011 16:03|
(Government of Assam has constituted the “Assam State Council for Handicapped Welfare” to act as an Advisory Body to the State Government)
B) Educational Institutions: 3% seats are reserved for Physically Handicapped students in MBBS. Course.
2. Scholarship/Stipend: The state Government awards scholarship to disabled persons from Class I to Class VIII. For details contact: Director, Social Welfare Department and “Key Reference at Appendix ‘ A’”.
3. Disability Pension: Disabled person whose age is 65 years and above for male and 60 years and above for female Rs.100/– p.m. as disability pension.
4. Unemployment allowances: Disabled persons who are registered in employment exchange, get Rs.50/– p.m. as unemployment allowance.
5. Assistance for self employment: The Handicapped persons get assistance for self employment. For details please refer list (Appendix–A)
5% reservation in allotment of fair price shops.
|Last Updated on Friday, 02 December 2011 14:44|
- Minister felicitates Youths with Disabilities who represented India in Global IT Challenge
- National Workshop on Training on Autism Certification tools
- Padma Shri ahead of blind cricket World T20 will boost India, says Shekhar Naik
- Students pool pocket money to buy wheel chair
- Free distribution of Assistive Devices Under ADIP Scheme