|Gujarat State General Policies|
|Thursday, 18 August 2011 15:31|
1. Reservation in:
1. Government Jobs: 4% of Government jobs of Class III and IV posts are reserved for the physically handicapped persons.
2. Educational Institutions: 4% seats are reserved in apprenticeship course.
3. Housing board: 3% quota is reserved for all categories of handicapped in the houses constructed by Gujarat Housing Board.
2. Age relaxation:The upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years for handicapped persons for applying in the Government Jobs.
3. Scholarship/stipend:Disabled students of class I to VIII, whose family income is less than Rs.10000/– p.a. are given Rs.500/– p.a as scholarship.
4. Disability Pension/Social Security Pension: Disabled persons get Rs.120 p.m. as disability pension as per the following criteria.
- Age – More than 45 yrs.
- Family income – Less than Rs.4,500
- Individual income – Less than Rs.2,200>
- Disability – More than 75%
5. Conveyance Allowance: Physically handicapped employees get conveyance allowance @ 10% of their basic pay, limited to Rs.100/– p.m.
6. Bus Concession: Gujarat State Transport Corporation has given 100% concession to the blind and their escorts in State buses. Other categories of disabled are also provided 100% concession and 50% concession to their escorts.
7. Assistance for Self Employment: Financial assistance upto Rs.1500/– are provided to the disabled to purchase vocation equipment such as – Sewing machine, ambar charkha, musical instrument etc. The cases of physically handicapped are recommended to nationalised bank for taking loan for self employment. For further details pl. refer the list (Appendix–A)
8. Awards/Sports/Seminars: Two types of awards one for the best Institution and other for best individual are given by the State Government The details of which are as follows:
a) Institutions Award – First winner institution is awarded Rs.25,000/– and a certificate every year, while the second winner institution is awarded Rs.15,000/– and a certificate every year.
b) Individual Award – First winner is award Rs.10,000/– and a certificate every year, while the second winner is awarded Rs.5,000/– and a certificate every year.
9. Exemption in professional tax/road tax: Physically handicapped persons have been exempted from paying professional tax by State Government.
10. Assistance for purchase of aids and appliances: The State Government has implemented the scheme of financial assistance for purchase of rehabilitation aids and vocational equipment such as tricycles, hearing aids, sewing machine, ambar charkha, musical instrument etc. The age limit is 5 to 50 years and family income limit is less than Rs.10,000/– per annum. Financial assistance upto Rs.1,500/–is provided under this scheme.
11. Other concessions/Facilities:
i. Teachers training programme for: blind, deaf and dumb and mentally retarded are being conducted. During training period they get Rs.75/– p.m.
ii. Government enacted a legislation reserving 1% posts for disabled person in factories employing more than 200 workers.
iii. The Ahmedabad Mill Owner's Association has made an agreement with Textile Labor Association, Ahmedabad for appointing at least 3 blind workers in each Textile Mill.
12. Concerned Officer:
|Last Updated on Friday, 02 December 2011 16:34|