|Jammu and Kashmir|
|Thursday, 18 August 2011 14:40|
1. Reservation in Government Job: In Grade 'C’ and ‘D’ posts under the Government reservation are provided in direct recruitment for physically handicapped persons as indicated below:
2. Bus concession: Travel concession in the buses and matadors is under process and being implemented.
3. Assistance for self employment: Handicapped persons get assistance for self employment. For detail pl. refer the list (Appendix – A)
4. Free medical facility: Free medical facilities are being given to the inmates of the Home for the Handicapped. For further detail please contact Director, Social Welfare Department.
5. Scholarship/Stipend: Scholarship is given to the school going disabled children at pre–metric level.
6. Monthly Financial Assistance/Disability Pension: Disabled persons get monthly financial assistance @ Rs.150/–p.m
7. Assistance for purchase of aids and appliances: Disabled persons get artificial limbs and appliances including hearing aid under Prosthetics Aid Scheme. There is a Government Artificial Limb Centre functioning in Jammu and Kashmir State under the Health and Medical Education at Barajulla, Srinagar.
8. Conveyance Allowance: Handicapped Government employees get conveyance allowance.
9. Other Concessions:
Organisations working for the welfare of Physically Handicapped persons are as follows:
a. JRC Home for Handicapped, Udhampur, Jammu
b. Home for aged and infirm, Kathua
c. Child and infirm welfare foundation, Bhagwati Nagar, Jammu
d. Kuswht Niwaran Society, Amphalla, Jammu
e. Society for human welfare and education, Solins, Srinagar
f. Home for disabled, Phulwama
g. Facilities of boarding/lodging and education for deaf and dumb, Orthopaedically Handicapped students are available through voluntary organization.
h. Facilities of boarding/lodging and education etc. for blind in residential institutions are available.
i. Reservations for admission in professional courses are available for disabled persons.
g. Grant–in aid is given to voluntary organisations working for the upliftment of handicapped persons.
Department of Social Welfare
Government of Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar – 190 001
|Last Updated on Monday, 05 December 2011 10:34|