|Thursday, 18 August 2011 16:41|
Karnataka State Policy of Disability
In Karnataka it is estimated grant is nearly 5 to 6% of the population comprises persons with disabilities Under PWD Act 1995 the state is required to provide for rehabilitation, education economic opportunities, barrier free environment and other supporting services so as to a facilitate the integration of persons with disabilities in the mainstream of society.
The Karnataka State Policy of Disability respects the objectives enshrined in the PWD Act 1995 and involved to create synergy amongst all stake holders, Dept. and agencies in implementing the provision of Act in letter and spirit.
The Women and Child Development Dept. will be the nodal dept. and the office of Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities will coordinate and monitor the programmes and schemes for persons with disabilities and take steps to safeguard the rights of persons with disabilities.
Objective of the Policy
STATE POLICY FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
The Karnataka State Policy for Senior Citizens has come into force on 5-9-2003 as per Govt. order No. WCD/314/SJD/2003.
Objectives of the Policy
The policy envisages the following sectors.
A task force committee headed by Chief Minister is formed to implement the policy.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 20 February 2014 16:21|
- Minister felicitates Youths with Disabilities who represented India in Global IT Challenge
- National Workshop on Training on Autism Certification tools
- Padma Shri ahead of blind cricket World T20 will boost India, says Shekhar Naik
- Students pool pocket money to buy wheel chair
- Free distribution of Assistive Devices Under ADIP Scheme