|Thursday, 18 August 2011 15:22|
1. Reservation in Government Job: In Grade 'C’ and ‘D’ posts under the Government reservation are provided in direct recruitment for physically handicapped persons as indicated below:
2. Scholarship/stipend: Education is free at all levels, Scholarships/Stipend provided to all students including handicapped.
3. Age Relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years for handicapped persons for applying in Government job
4. Disability pension/Social Security Pension: Disability pension of Rs.100 P.M. is given to the destitute of 60 years and above whose monthly income is less than Rs.100/–p.m.
5. Assistance for self employment: Handicapped persons get assistance for self employment For details pl. refer the list. (Appendix–A)
6. Exemption in professional tax/road tax: Disabled persons are exempted from paying professional tax/road tax.
7. Assistance for purchase of aids and appliances: 90% assistance is provided to the persons whose family income is upto Rs.200 P.M. 75% assistance is provided to those whose income is between Rs.201 to Rs.400 and 50% assistance is provided to those whose family income is between Rs.401 to Rs.1000/–
8. Other Concessions: Free supply of tricycle, wheel chair, hearing aids etc. to handicapped persons. There is a proposal to distribute motorized try–wheeler and concessions on ships/boats etc. for the journey of the handicapped persons between the island and mainland.
9. Concerned Officer:
|Last Updated on Monday, 05 December 2011 10:54|
- Minister felicitates Youths with Disabilities who represented India in Global IT Challenge
- National Workshop on Training on Autism Certification tools
- Padma Shri ahead of blind cricket World T20 will boost India, says Shekhar Naik
- Students pool pocket money to buy wheel chair
- Free distribution of Assistive Devices Under ADIP Scheme