|Thursday, 18 August 2011 14:37|
1. Reservation in Government Job:
The latest instructions of General Administrative Department meant for reservations of posts for persons with disabilities in Government and public sector jobs are as follows:
The inter section reservation for visual, orthopaedic and hearing speech impaired persons is maintained @ 2% for each.
In ITIs – 3% seats are reserved for Physically Handicapped students in ITIs.
In Engineering and Polytechnic colleges: 2seats are reserved in each State Engineering College and Polytechnic College for the disabled students. This reservation is over and above the sanctioned intake capacity. Candidates claiming admission against these seats are required to produce eligibility certificate from Distt. Medical Board and Suptd. Rehabilitation Centre for P.H, Napier Town, Jabalpur, MP.
3% reservation of seats in hostels run by Government in educational and/or training institutes (where such hostel facilities exists.)
2. Age relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years for handicapped persons for applying in Government jobs.
The State Government awards scholarship to those handicapped students whose parents income is less than Rs.2000/– p.m. at the following rate:
Primary level – Rs.25/–
Middle level – Rs.30/–
Higher Secondary level – Rs.35/–
(Free books are provided to those disabled students whose parent's income is less than Rs.750/– P.M.)
The former Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for various sections is now being operated by the State Government as follows:
4. Disability pension/Social security pension:
Persons with disabilities above the age of 65 years get disability pension @ Rs.150/– per month.
Destitute children with disabilities at the age of 14 years or more get social security pension @ Rs.150/– per month
Children between 6 to 14 years who are enrolled in schools and whose family lives below the poverty line get social security pension @ Rs.150/– per month
5. Conveyance allowance: Disabled employees get 5% of the basic with a minimum of Rs.50/– p.m. and a max. of Rs.100/–p.m as conveyance allowance for attending office.
6. Bus concession:
1. Blind person get 75% concession in State Road Transport Buses.
2. Destitute children with disabilities at the age of 14 years or more get social security pension @ Rs.150/– per month.
7. Assistance for self employment: The handicapped persons get assistance for self employment. For details pl. refer the list. (Appendix–A)
8. Awards/Sports/Seminars: Institutions, individuals and Government employees get award for excellent work done in the field of disability and rehabilitation. Two awards are given each for visually impaired, hearing impaired and locomtor impaired employees).
9. Exemption in professional tax/road tax: Disabled employees are exempted from paying road tax/Professional tax.
10. Assistance for purchase of aids and appliances: Financial assistance provided to disabled children for purchase/fitting of artificial limbs and aids/appliances.
11. Other concessions/facilities
1. Bonus marks in competitive exams: Disabled persons get 10% bonus mark in competitive exams.
2. Disabled employee also get exemption in professional tax.
3. A Braille press has been established at Bilaspur to supply to blind on free of cost.
4. Disabled person in Government job get free medical treatment.
5. Free books are given to the blind.
6. Disabled persons are exempted from Typing test for the post of LDC, subject to production of medical certificate about his/her inability to learn typing.
7. 10% grace marks are given to disabled persons for appointment in Gr III (Typist) and Gr. IV service
Social Welfare Department
Government of Madhya Pradesh
|Last Updated on Monday, 05 December 2011 11:05|
- Minister felicitates Youths with Disabilities who represented India in Global IT Challenge
- National Workshop on Training on Autism Certification tools
- Padma Shri ahead of blind cricket World T20 will boost India, says Shekhar Naik
- Students pool pocket money to buy wheel chair
- Free distribution of Assistive Devices Under ADIP Scheme