|Thursday, 18 August 2011 16:01|
1. Reservation in Government job: No provision
2. Scholarship/Stipend: The State Government awards scholarship to those handicapped students whose family income is less than Rs.6000/–p.a at the following rate.
3. Other allowances: In case of severely disabled persons, who require special arrangement for transport, an additional monthly allowance of Rs.50/– or actual expenditure which ever is less may be sanctioned. Each case will be examined on its own merit on the recommendations of the Head of the Institute. In case of VH Readers Allowance shall be paid.
4. Disability Pension: Under old age pension scheme for disabled persons, men above 65 years and women above 60 years get Rs.100/–p.m
5. Assistance for self employment: Vocational training in various trades are provided for self employment. Trainer get Rs.200/–p.m during training. Disabled persons also get Rs.3000/– to start self employment.
6. Awards/Sports/Seminars: State and District awards are given to the Organization/individual working for the handicapped persons. World Disabled Day is also celebrated in the State. Sports seminars are also being organized.
7. Assistance for purchase of aids and appliances: Prosthetic aids are given to physically handicapped persons who is less than 50 years of age, and whose parent's income is less than Rs.10,000/– per annum. Full grant is given subject to the maximum of Rs.2500/– per individual.
8. Concerned Officer:
|Last Updated on Monday, 05 December 2011 11:13|
- Minister felicitates Youths with Disabilities who represented India in Global IT Challenge
- National Workshop on Training on Autism Certification tools
- Padma Shri ahead of blind cricket World T20 will boost India, says Shekhar Naik
- Students pool pocket money to buy wheel chair
- Free distribution of Assistive Devices Under ADIP Scheme