|Thursday, 18 August 2011 15:55|
1. Reservation in Government job: The State Government has decided to grant concession to physically handicapped persons for the job in Public Service and Public Undertakings such as relaxation of maximum age limit by 5 years and educational qualifications where ever possible for such persons and also to give preference to PH persons. (Order No. AR–8/27/76 Kohima dated 10–8–77).
2. Relaxation in upper age limit: The Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for handicapped persons for applying in Government jobs.
3. Scholarship/stipend: The State Government awards scholarship to the physically handicapped students from class I to class VIII. The details are as follows.
4. Disability pension/Social Security pension: Handicapped persons get Rs.60/–p.m as disability pension.
5. Bus Concession/Rail Concession: Free bus travel facility to PH persons. Blinds with escorts also get free transport facility in State Transport Buses.
6. Assistance for self employment: Under this scheme financial assistance is given to the blind and physically handicapped persons to start small scale industries and other productive self employment programmes.
7. Financial Assistance: Under the scheme of financial assistance an amount of Rs.100 is given to blind, invalid and bed ridden persons.
8. Assistance for purchase of aids and appliances: Under this scheme free prosthetic aids are provided to the handicapped. For detail please contact Director, Social Welfare Department.
9. Other Concessions:
10. Concerned Officer:
|Last Updated on Monday, 05 December 2011 11:36|