|Thursday, 18 August 2011 14:02|
1. Reservation in Government Job: In Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts under the Government reservation are provided in direct recruitment for physically handicapped persons as indicated below:
2. Age relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years for the blind, deaf and orthopaedically handicapped persons for applying in the Government jobs.
3. Scholarship/Stipend: Scholarship is granted to all the disabled students from Class I to Post Graduation level as detailed below:
4. Bus concession: Free Bus Passes are issued to all disabled persons having a minimum of 40% disability and income not exceeding Rs.30,000/– p.a. for traveling in State Government owned transport corporation buses as well as private buses plying within the union territory.
5. Assistance for self employment: Under this scheme, the disabled persons are granted loans through banks. The Department of Social Welfare releases subsidy as detailed below subject to a maximum of Rs.6,000/–
6. Incentive for Marrying a disabled: Incentive to the tune of Rs.5,000/– for the marriage between disabled and normal person is granted within three months from the date of such marriage subject to the following eligibility criteria:
Age: The bride should complete 18 years of age and the bridegroom should have completed 21 years of age as on the date of marriage.
Income: Their income should not exceed Rs.25,000/–p.a
7. Disability pension/Social Security pension: The disabled persons in the age group of 40 years and above, having a minimum 60% of disability are eligible for a grant of Rs.100/–p.m. under old aged, widows and disabled pension scheme being implemented by the Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Pondicherry.
8. Awards/Sports/Seminars: On the occasion of the celebration of ‘International Day for the Disabled’ every year State Awards consisting of a Certificate and a cash of Rs.3,500/– are distributed to the following eligibility criteria:
i. Best Employee in each category viz. Visually Handicapped, Orthopaedically Handicapped and Hearing Handicapped.
ii. Best Self Employed person in each category namely Visually Handicapped, Orthopaedically Handicapped and Hearing Handicapped.
iii. A person who renders outstanding service for the cause of disabled. Besides this, an employer who have given employment to maximum number of physically handicapped persons in his organization also gets the State Award of Rs.10,000/– and a certificate.
9. Exemption in professional tax/road tax: Disabled persons are exempted from paying road tax.
10. Assistance for purchase of aids and appliances: Tri–cycles, prosthesis appliances, low vision aids, hearing aids, walking sticks etc. are provided to the handicapped persons by the Government free of cost through Government General Hospital provided their income should not exceed Rs.1500/–p.m.
11. Other facilities:
a. Supply of Sarees and Dhoties once a year during local festivals.
b. Supply of musical instruments, sports articles to the recognized handicapped welfare organizations
c. Reimbursement of repairing/maintenance charges of Rs.200/– to tricycle holders.
d. Disabled persons in the age group of 15–30 years with minimum educational qualification (Vth to Xth standard) are eligible for under going vocational training in printing trades and motor armature winding for a period of 1 year with a monthly stipend of Rs.580/– per month.
e. Celebration of International Day for the Disabled Persons on 3rd December every year with free meals throughout the day. Various sports events take place during this day and prizes are distributed to the winners
f. Identity cards are issued to all handicapped persons.
g. Annual bonus for disabled persons.
Directorate of Social Welfare
Government of Pondecherry,
|Last Updated on Monday, 05 December 2011 11:45|