|Thursday, 18 August 2011 14:28|
1. Reservation in Government Job:
1. 3% Government jobs are reserved for the physically handicapped persons. 1% vacancies of each for the blind, deaf and Orthopaedically handicapped and comparable posts, in P.S.U.'s and local bodies.
2. Educational Institutions: 2% seats are reserved for admission in B. Ed. Courses. This admission is open to blind persons also. The Universities have provided 3% reservations for P.H. persons for the purpose of admission in each subject. In M. Phil courses, only 1% seats are reserved for them.
3. Age Relaxation: For the purpose of appointment to class III and class IV posts under the Punjab Government, the upper age limit is relaxed up to 10 years for the PH persons.
4. Relaxation in Typing Test and other Medical Standard – Relaxation in typing qualification for entry into clerical cadre have been allowed by the Government Relaxation in health standard have been allowed by the Government
Deaf, mutes or deafness is not considered a disqualification for appointment of the person if otherwise fit for the job.
2. Scholarship/Stipend: Scholarships have been rationalized and the revised rates are as follows:
Upto Matriculation – Rs.200/– p.m.
For studies beyond Matric – Rs.300/–p.m
The Income criteria for parents in all cases would be Rs.2,500/– p.m. in the case of one disabled child and Rs.3000/– p.m. in the case of two disabled children.
3. Disability pension/Social security pension: The Punjab Government has revised rates for pension for the disabled persons. As per the new rates, an amount of Rs.200/–p.m. is given to the disabled persons. The amount is payable from birth or from the date of disability. The income criteria is as follows:
1. Applicant should have income of less than Rs.500/– p.m.
2. In case of married person, the income of both should not exceed Rs.750/–p.m.
3. In case of parents, the income criteria is Rs.2,500/–p.m. for one handicapped child and Rs.3000/– p.m. for two handicapped children.
The Deputy Commissioner in the district have been declared as the sanctioning authorities and the District Social Security Officer have been made the drawing and disbursing officers under the Scheme.
4. Un–employment Allowances: Unemployment allowance @ Rs.150/– p.m. for undergraduates and Rs.200/–p.m. for graduates and above is being paid. In the case of blind and deaf persons, this is being given from the date of registration in the employment exchanges and in the case of other handicapped persons after three years of registration.
5. Conveyance Allowances: Conveyance allowance is paid @ 5% of the salary subject to maximum of Rs.100/– p.m. where conveyance allowance is allowed to other categories of employees, this 5% is in addition.
6. Bus Concession: Free travel concession is allowed to the blind persons for travelling in the buses of Punjab Roadways and Punjab Road Transport Corporation (PRTC) and 50% concession is allowed to attendant accompanying the blind persons. Other handicapped persons are allowed 50% concession in the fare.
7. Assistance for self employment: Punjab Financial Corporation gives loan of Rs.2.00 lakh where the disabled person is required to contribute only 10% as against 25% from others In the case of loan upto Rs.50,000/–, disabled person need not be an artisan.
8. Incentive for marrying a disabled: New scheme envisaging payment of marriage grant of Rs.5,000/– to any introduced for giving cash awards, certificates and citations.
9. Awards/Seminars/Sports: State award scheme for voluntary organizations and best employees has been introduced for giving cash awards, certificates and citations.
10. Assistance for purchase of aids and appliances: The scheme taken up to enable the handicapped persons to lead as normal life as possible. The Government pays for the cost of the limb according to the income of the applicant.
Income up Rs.300/– p.m.– full cost
Income between Rs.300 – 500 p.m. – half of cost
The Principal Secretary
Department of Social Security and Development of Women and Children,
Government of Punjab,
|Last Updated on Monday, 05 December 2011 11:51|
- Minister felicitates Youths with Disabilities who represented India in Global IT Challenge
- National Workshop on Training on Autism Certification tools
- Padma Shri ahead of blind cricket World T20 will boost India, says Shekhar Naik
- Students pool pocket money to buy wheel chair
- Free distribution of Assistive Devices Under ADIP Scheme