|Thursday, 18 August 2011 14:17|
1. Reservation in Government Job:
3% reservation in all the categories of State Services has been made e.g. 1% for visually handicapped, 1% for physically handicapped and 1% for deaf and dumb.
Educational Institutions– As per information available with State Welfare Department there is no uniform policy for all the institutions/colleges. However, the facilities have been provided to disabled by certain Universities, which are as follows:
1. All types of fee relaxation – Agra, Kanpur, Meerut University
2. Relaxation in merit at the time of admission – Allahabad University
3. Reservation in admission – 5% Ruhelkhand University 2% Kumon University, 1% Roorki University
4. Preference in admission to disabled soldiers: Agra University
5. Writers facility in Exam – Lucknow, Kanpur, Agra University
6. Half hours extra time in examination – Kanpur University
2. Age Relaxation for Jobs: 10 years relaxation in the prescribed upper age limit is available in State Government Services of group ‘ C’ and ‘D’ and 5 years relaxation in the prescribed upper age limit is available in group ‘ A’ and ‘ B’ Services.
3. Scholarship: Disabled students get scholarship at the following rate:
Class I to 5th: Rs.15/– p.m.
Class 6 to 7th: Rs.20/– p.m.
Class 9 to 12th: Rs.85/– p.m.
Class 12th: Rs.125/– p.m.
Graduate: Rs.170/– p.m.
Degree/PG in Professional Courses: Rs.170/–p.m.
4. Maintenance Allowance/ Grant–in–aid for disabled persons: The handicapped persons whose income is not more than Rs.225/– P.M. are given maintenance allowance at the rate of Rs.100/– per head.
5. Disability Pension/Social security pension: Old age persons living below poverty line gets Rs.125/– p.m. disability pensions.
6. Un–employment allowances: There is no such scheme in the State.
7. Conveyance allowances: The State Government employees who are handicapped are given conveyance allowance at the following rates:
8. Bus concession: There is a proposal to provide free traveling to handicapped person in UPSRTC buses upto a distance of 10000 kms in one calendar year. Government of UP have already allocated Rs.9.19 lakhs for this purpose in this current financial year.
9. Concessions in shops for handicapped persons: There is a proposal to provide Rs.20,000/– to all categories of handicapped persons for construction of shops. This amount includes Rs.5000/– as grant–in–aid and Rs.15,000/– as loan without interest. Government of UP have allocated Rs.50.00 lakhs for this purpose in the present financial year.
10. Assistance for marrying a disabled: Rs.11,000/– is given to those normal persons who marry to a disabled.
11. State Awards: There is a scheme for State level award to efficient handicapped employees, self employed handicapped, and placement officers of handicapped persons.
12. Assistance for purchase of aids and appliances: Costs of the aids/appliances or Rs.1000/– which ever is less is given as grant–in–aid to handicapped perons.
13. Other concessions/Facilities:
Re–imbursement of medical treatment: For special diseases medical reimbursement is admissible to State Government employees.
Exemption in typing test: Physically handicapped persons get exemption in proficiency in typing test at the time of appointment to clerical posts.
14. Key reference for contact
For further details on Concession please contact the Director, Social Welfare of State or the following persons in respective State/U.T. Governments.
A. For education/scholarship:
1. District Inspector of Schools.
2. District Education Officer.
3. District Social Welfare Officer.
4. Directorate of Education.
5. Superintendent, Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Handicapped.
6. Principal of School
B. For training:
1. Principal, Industrial Training Institute.
2. Superintendent, Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Handicapped.
3. Directorate of Employment and Training.
4. Director, Directorate of Technical Education and Training.
5. Vocational Training Institute specifically meant for the disabled persons.
6. Industrial Promotion Officer, Block Development Agency of your area.
7. Project Officer, District Rural Development Agency of your district.
8. Manager (Cottage Industries), District Industries Centre of your district.
9. Head of Government Training Institute of your area.
C. For employment:
1. Superintendent, Vocational Rehabilitation Centre.
2. Employment Officer of Special Employment Exchange for Physically Handicapped of your state.
3. Employment Officer In–charge, Placement cell of Handicapped, District Employment Exchange of your district.
4. Placement Officers of leading voluntary organizations working for employment of disabled persons.
5. Refer advertisements of Staff Selection Commission, Union Public Service Commission, Banking Service Recruitment Board, Post and Telegraph department, State Public Service Commission and collectorate advertisements in which number of vacancies are being advertised as reserved for the disabled persons.
6. Director, Directorate of employment.
D. For self employment:
1. Superintendent, Vocational Rehabilitation Centre.
2. Director, Directorate of Social Welfare.
3. District Social Welfare Officers.
4. Project Officer, District Rural Development Agency of your district.
5. Manager (Cottage Industries), District Industries.
6. All the nationalized banks.
7. Sub–Divisional Officer, Telephone Division of your area for telephone booth.
8. Chairman of Municipal Corporations, Municipalities, N.A.C's for allotment of kiosks, selling 9. Outlets, License for cart puller etc.
10. President, Lions Club, Rotary Club, Y's Men Club and other social clubs/societies.
|Last Updated on Monday, 05 December 2011 12:08|