|Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation|
|Friday, 19 August 2011 16:47|
Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation is implementing through all the States/UTs a Central sponsored programme called Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojna (SJSRY) for alleviating urban poverty.
Under the Urban Self Employment Programme (USEP) component of Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojna, a special provision of 3% is reserved for disabled persons. Disabled are given assistance to set up self-employment ventures. The disabled people are also given training in acquiring/ upgrading skills for the purpose of setting up self-employment ventures or for securing salaried employment with enhanced remuneration. Selection of trades and the institutions for imparting the requisite training is decided by the State Nodal Agency/Urban Local Bodies in the State.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 December 2011 09:10|
- Minister felicitates Youths with Disabilities who represented India in Global IT Challenge
- National Workshop on Training on Autism Certification tools
- Padma Shri ahead of blind cricket World T20 will boost India, says Shekhar Naik
- Students pool pocket money to buy wheel chair
- Free distribution of Assistive Devices Under ADIP Scheme