|Result Framework Document 2013-14 Department of Disability Affairs Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment|
|Tuesday, 03 December 2013 13:30|
An inclusive society in which equal opportunities are provided for the growth and development of persons with disabilities so that they can lead productive, safe and dignified lives.
To empower its target group namely Persons with Disabilities through legislation / policies / programmes / schemes for empowerment and development
Objectives of the Department are:
1. Physical rehabilitation through National Institutes (for services which include early detection and intervention, counseling and medical rehabilitation), undertake Research and Development for technological advancement and appropriate technology for persons with disabilities (PwDs) and increasing accessibility through supply of aids and assistive devices through implementing agencies for (PwDs).
The subjects allotted to the Department of Disability Affairs as per allocation of Business Rules are:
1. The following subjects which fall within List I – Union List of the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution: Indo-US, Indo-UK, Indo-German, Indo-Swiss and Indo-Swedish Agreements for Duty-free import of donated relief goods/supplies and matters connected with the distribution of such supplies.
2. The following subjects which fall within List-III – Concurrent List of the Seventh schedule to the Constitution (as regards legislation only): Social Security and Social Insurance save to the extent allotted to any other Department
3. For the Union Territories, till the following subjects which fall in List II- State List or List III – Concurrent List of the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution, in so far as they exist in regard to such territories: Relief of the Disabled and the unemployable; Social Security and Social Insurance, save to the extent allotted to any other Department.
4. To act as the nodal Department for matters pertaining to Disability and Persons with Disabilities:
Note: The Department of Disability Affairs shall be the nodal Department for the overall policy, planning and coordination of programmes for Persons with Disabilities. However, overall management and monitoring etc. of the sectoral programmes in respect of this group shall be the responsibility of the concerned Central Ministries, State Governments and Union Territory Administrations. Each Central Ministry or Department shall discharge nodal responsibility concerning its sector.
5. Special schemes aimed at rehabilitation and social educational and economic empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, e.g. supply of aids and appliances, scholarships, residential schools, skill training, concessional loans and subsidy for self-employment etc.
6. Education and Training of Rehabilitation Professionals
7. International Conventions and Agreements on matters dealt with in the Department. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
8. Awareness generation, research, evaluation and training in regard to subjects allocated to the Department.
9. Charitable and Religious Endowments, and promotion and development of Voluntary Effort pertaining to subjects allocated to the Department.
(i) The Rehabilitation Council of India Act, 1992 (34 of 1992)
11. Statutory Bodies -
(i) The Rehabilitation Council of India.
12. PSUs/Autonomous Bodies etc. -
(i) The National Handicapped and Finance Development Corporation - company is registered under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956
13. National Institutes -
(i) Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped, New Delhi.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 December 2013 14:07|