|Women with Disabilities|
|Thursday, 22 May 2014 15:39|
About 650 million people in the world or 10 per cent of the world's population live with disabilities, and frequently encounter a myriad of physical and social obstacles. They often lack the opportunities of the mainstream population and are usually among the most marginalized in society. Women face barriers to full equality and advancement because of such factors as race, age, language, ethnicity, culture, religion or disability. Persistence of certain cultural, legal and institutional barriers makes women and girls with disabilities the victims of two-fold discrimination: as women and as persons with disabilities.
"Girls and women of all ages with any form of disability are among the more vulnerable and marginalized of society. There is therefore need to take into account and to address their concerns in all policy-making and programming.
|Last Updated on Friday, 23 May 2014 16:42|
- Conference on empowering deaf through Indian Sign Language
- Seminar on Challenges in Implementation of RPD Act
- Assistive Aids and Appliances distributed to PwDs
- Minister felicitates Youths with Disabilities who represented India in Global IT Challenge
- National Workshop on Training on Autism Certification tools