|Computer training to Hearing-Impaired children for employment|
|Wednesday, 24 August 2011 11:30|
With a view to weaving hearing-impaired children into mainstream by making them self-reliant and providing employment, a computer training will be imparted to them. Social Justice Department Principal Secretary Aruna Sharma informed this at inaugural function of state level workshop here today. The workshop was organized under the joint auspices of Asha Niketan Higher Middle Hearing-Impaired School and Social Justice Department.
Aruna Sharma said that it would be very easy to educate the hearing-impaired children through statistics system. In order to make self-dependent, the hearing-impaired children studying in 10th and 12th standards will be imparted computer training. They will be given training of both hardware and software by the CRISP. After the training, such children can become self-reliant and will get jobs.
Sharma appealed to the teachers, who will impart computer training to such children during this five-day workshop, should inculcate a sense of administrative and social responsibility and teach the children with efficiency.
Prabha Ghate of National Hearing-Impaired Institution gave detailed information about the language symbols. She said human being is born with strong wishes, ambitions and emotional feelings and learns language from family and society to express the same. She underlined the need for making such efforts that could help the hearing-impaired children express their emotions and feelings.
Social Justice Deputy Director Hariom Gupta threw light on the objectives and importance of workshop.
Source: Central Chronicle
- World Sight Day
- World Mental Health Day
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty 2015
- DESA/DSPD Forum on Disability Inclusion and Accessible Urban Development
- UN Enable Photo Exhibition 2015
- United Nations Enable Film Festival (UNEFF)
- 1st International Film Festival for PwDs
- International Day of PwDs
- Human Rights Day
- World Down Syndrome Day
- 9th World Assembly of Disabled People International (DPI)
- VIII Latin-American Congress of the Blind, Montevideo
- World Humanitarian Summit, Istanbul, Turkey
- IX General Assembly of the World Blind Union