Daman and Diu Schemes

  1. Concerned Officer:
    The Director
    Directorate of Social Welfare
    Daman and Diu

  2. Reservation in Government Job: In Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts under the Government reservation are provided in direct recruitment for physically handicapped persons as indicated below:

    Category of handicapped Percentage of reservation
    Visually Handicapped 1%
    Orthopaedically Handicapped 1%
    Hearing Handicapped 1%
  3. Age relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years for handicapped persons for applying in Government jobs.

  4. Scholarship / Stipend: Following incentives are provided to Disabled students under Centrally sponsored scheme of integrated education for the disabled children.

    Standard Scholarship Books and Stationary (per year) Allowances (per year) Uniforms
    Class I to IV Rs. 300/- Rs. 100/- Rs. 200/-
    Class V to VIII Rs. 350/- Rs. 150/- Rs. 200/-
    IX to F.Y Rs. 850/- - -
    SY to TY Rs. 1250/- - -
    Technical Education Rs. 1700/- - -

    F.Y. = First Year, S.Y. Second Year, T.Y. Third year of 3 year degree course.

  5. Disability Pension/Social Security Pension : Old age pension is provided @ Rs.60/-p.m. to Physically Handicapped Persons whose age is 55 years and above.

  6. Bus Concession : Free for disabled students in private and Government buses and 50% concession is provided for escorts of eligible handicapped persons.
    Director, Social Welfare issues photo identity card to the handicapped for availing this facility.

  7. Assistance for self employment : Financial assistance upto Rs. 5000/- per beneficiary is provided to disabled persons for various economic activities on 25% subsidy. Remaining 75% is provided as interest free loan. Annual income from all sources of the applicant should be less than or equal to Rs. 6000/- Assistance is provided for the following five

    Activities Total assistance
    Cycle shop Rs. 2500/-
    Tailoring shop
    Purchase of type writer
    Rs. 2500/-
    Rs. 4000/-
    Cottage industries
    Setting of kiosks(Hand cart)
    Rs. 3000/-
    Rs. 5000/-

    For other details please refer the list (Appendix-A)

  8. Other Concession:

    Ferry boat concession : The State Government has provided free ferry boat/ launcher at various points of Goa.

Source: http://www.ayjnihh.nic.in/awareness/schemes4_files/schemes5.htm